About China Shale Fund
Despite the rapid growth of shale gas in the US, it is challenging to develop a successful play in most shale locations. To be profitable, it is essential to utilize deep geological understanding to design the play in such a way to maximize production and minimize cost. It is particularly difficult to open a new region — in the US shale gas revolution, only a handful of independent companies made the early plays, to be joined later by other independents as well as the majors once a basin was tested and proven.
The China Shale Fund brings the best shale gas early stage explorers from the US to China — to prove that shale gas can indeed be profitable and viable in China.
The China Shale Fund also seeks to demonstrate that shale gas development can be done responsibly, not only beneficial to the local environment, but providing a clean fuel that will mitigate the air pollution (in particular PM2.5) that otherwise would have come from coal, and which currently kills 1.2 million Chinese citizens every year.
China Shale Fund Principals
- CEO of Muller & Associates, providing high-tech expertise for inventors, start up companies, VCs, investors, energy companies and more.
- Designed and implemented high-tech projects in 30+ countries around the world.
- Co-Founder and Executive Director of Berkeley Earth, working to understand climate change, to improve data transparency, and to educate key leaders and the public.
- Former Director at Gov3 (now CS Transform) and Executive Director of the Gov3 Foundation. From 2000 to 2005 a policy advisor at the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- Professor of Physics, UC Berkeley & Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory. Creator of “Physics for Future Presidents.”
- MacArthur Prize, National Science Foundation Waterman Award, Texas Instruments Founders Prize. Newsweek: one of top 25 US innovators in (1989); Atlantic Magazine citation as a ”Brave Thinker” (2011).
- Fellow of the American Physical Society, American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the California Academy of Sciences.
- Chairman of Muller & Associates, specializing in high tech start ups.
- US National Security advisor for over 30 yrs.
- Co-Founder and Scientific Director of Berkeley Earth, a non-profit focused on global warming, and currently looking at the possibility of facilitating a shale gas revolution in China to mitigate global warming
- Led gas/oil exploration teams in 62 countries
- Former President of the international subsidiary of Shell Oil; founder of Roxanna Oil; former President of Arco International
- Honored as “A Living Legend in the Oil and Gas Business” by the world’s largest geological society.
- Former Bartell Professor of Geoscience at U. Oklahoma
- Hedberg Medal for outstanding scientific achievements; Sydney Powers Medal, the highest award of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists; elected Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science; elected Fellow of the Geological Society of London; cited as “Legendary Oil Finder” by Petroleum History Foundation.